8/06/2014

Overusing - "interesting"



I don´t know why but I've been overusing the word "interesting".

Actually, I always try to use gap fillers in my conversations. And "interesting" is one of them. However, it´s good to vary them, don´t you agree? :) :) :) 

Thus, my tutor has suggested similar words that I might say, whenever "interesting" comes up to my mind. ;) hehe

It´s important to point it out: the follow words are synonyms, but they may have different meanings. It depends on the context, ok? 

Intriguing, fascinating, illuminating, thought-provoking, profound, inspiring, provocative, engaging, beguiling, captivating, stirring, gripping, compelling, riveting, engrossing, amusing, entrancing, unusual. 

Besides these ones, how about studying other "interesting" examples of gap fillers? 


Tell me. //Tell me something. // Don't tell me.//  Wow!// If you say so…// You mean to say? 
//Do you mean to say? // Do you know what I mean?// Well! // You see! // You know...// I know. // I see. // Oh! I see. // You mean...? Say.// Believe me. // Come on. // Not at all //
Never // No way // Not a chance // Definitely // Oh! Sure // Anyway // Meanwhile // So what! 

For more examples, clique here! (source)




No comments:

Post a Comment